Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GET TO KNOW : Steven Lopez




How can such a big voice come from such a petite frame? Erykah Badu has had my ears since her first album. I remember in the summer of 1997 listening to her music. I had come off of long term relationship and it seemed like her music cradled my heart. I couldn't tell if it was the summer heat or the melodies of her music that made me feel warm inside. Her album became the soundtrack to my life during that time. You know when that happens, you can't help but reminisce about those days that once were. Surprisingly, her album releases have run parallel to all my break-ups except for this last one. With such an emotional charge from me through her music, it is only right that I pay homage to her. Thank you E Badu.- steven lopez

Killin It!!



Im a big fan of Jill Scott. Her first album is always being played. What drew me to her was the refreshing sound that was missing from the radio. She had come from the place that so many people lack or hold dearly, love. In fact, her aura seems to be personified by how she dresses and holds herself. And to top it off she can write the words to the songs she sings. That means a lot to me. Her second album helped me overcome some of my own challenges. Her words in the song family reunion helped me mend my own family ties, amen. It was at that point that I need to give something back to her.- steven lopez



India Arie
Tina Turner
Chaka Khan
From one artist to another.... Big Ups Steven ..on creating good work and getting the chance to display your work to all the artists you've introduced yourself to.
Time and hard work...

No comments:

Post a Comment